Provided for my readers by popular demand, here are book club questions for The Hundredth Queen. These should start good conversations about the prevalent themes of the novel and series. Happy reading!
- Why do you think some women were willing to wed the rajah while Kalinda was reluctant?
- What would you risk for love over duty or friendship over security?
- How do you think Kalinda’s childhood illness shaped her character and impacted her approach to problem solving?
- THQ explores different types of strength. How would you describe the different strengths of the sister warriors?
- Loyalty and sacrifice are themes woven throughout the novel. Discuss the motivations of the various characters’ loyalties and sacrifices.
- If you could have one bhuta power, which would you want and why?
- Playing devil’s advocate, justify Lakia’s (the Kindred’s) motivations and actions.
- In 1984 by George Orwell, the government imposed a daily two minutes of hate to unify the people by causing them to focus their anger at an external enemy. How does the rajah use similar tactics to control his people?
- Deven faces a conflict between duty and morality. How did his views and conscience change in order for him to shift his loyalty from Rajah Tarek to Kalinda?
- Contrast the ways Kalinda is different at the end of the book than at the start. How are you different than you were 5, 10, 15 years ago?
I received paper ARCs of The Warrior Queen!
To celebrate, I’m hosting an international giveaway of signed paperback copies of the entire Hundredth Queen Series on my Facebook page.
Be sure to enter to win.
I’ve started a quarterly newsletter! Sign up and you’ll see the fabulous header, a sneak peak at my new website design which launches in March. My first newsletter will give you a chance to enter to win fun streetwear swag, give an update to foreign rights deals, as well as preview the new “Kalinda” candle coming from NoxToLumosCandleCo. I promise it will be fiery!
Don’t miss out. Click here—–> http://eepurl.com/dlsUGz
I got my Turkish cover! I really enjoy seeing what covers look like in different markets. This one is stunning.
The Hundredth Queen released in Turkey on January, 19. I’m already hearing from book bloggers. I love connecting with readers worldwide. It’s fun to hear from them!
THE EVERMORE CHRONICLES is another YA fantasy. This series has ships, a mysterious island, a forsaken kingdom, and a magic system that revolves around Father Time. I am so excited to share a new world and characters with my readers.
Book one, CARVING HEARTS, will release after book four of The Hundredth Queen series.
A fourth (and final!) book is coming to The Hundredth Queen Series. I’ve been sitting on this news for a while. The manuscript is nearly done. Now that readers are getting ARCs of The Rogue Queen, and I’m getting frantic messages asking if there will be more to the story, I thought it was time to let everyone in on the news. I am so excited to continue Kalinda’s journey!
*Stay tuned for more news next week!*
My lovely friend at YA & Wine, Krysti, has designed a short quiz you can take to find out which bhuta you are.
I got Burner.
Is anyone suprised?
I’m hosting a giveaway on Twitter. You could win one of these titles, all releasing on September 26th. Stop by to enter. The original tweet is pinned to my profile.
The cover for book three in The Hundredth Queen Series, The Rogue Queen, is live! Come have a looksie at yet another stunning cover in the series. I have been blessed by the cover gods. For sure.
Thanks to YABC and Beth Edwards for hosting my reveal! Be sure to comment to enter to win a paperback copy of both The Hundredth Queen and The Fire Queen!
I finally got around to finishing my Pinterest board for The Hundredth Queen. I also unlocked the privacy setting on my board for The Fire Queen. But beware! Some of the images are spoilery. I hope you enjoy them!